- Practise relaxation techniques to overcome your pregnancy worries – yoga is a good de-stressor.
- Slide a pillow between your legs and rest with your knees bent when you sleep – this should give you a good night’s rest.
- Keep a bottle or glass of water always by your side.
- Make sure you are getting your extra dose of vitamins and iron supplement
- Avoid face makeup with chemicals to cover any dark discolouration that you may get. These disappear automatically a few months after delivery.
Questions you may have
“I was advised to try to give up the habit of drinking tea and coffee. Too much tea or coffee in pregnancy is linked to miscarriage and low birth weight. If you can’t give up, try not to have more than two cups of tea a day!”
“That is because of your baby kicking and moving. It is a sign that baby is well!”