- Allow more time to do your usual activities – like when you have to walk to the bus stop.
- Remain active as you are likely to feel like staying put and not moving.
- Get to know your baby’s movement patterns. Learn how to track the frequency of movements.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you touch foods like raw meats, egg, poultry or fish.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating them, even the ones you will peel. Avoid raw eggs.
Ask your doctor
Questions you may have
“Rubbing my muscles where it hurt helped. I also made it a point to do ankle and foot exercises when I got into bed. Pulling my toes upwards also helped.”
“It’s best to talk to your doctor. Also share how you feel with your husband or your close friend. It helped me. Try to take away negative thoughts from your mind. Don't suppress positive thoughts actively.
Having thoughts like I don’t deserve to be happy suggest that postpartum depression may be likely. Your doctor will suggest if you need specialised help.”