- Do gentle pelvic floor exercises
- Take advantage of your burst of energy! Get light to moderate exercise. This helps reduce chances of gestational diabetes.
- You should be measuring your weight regularly. If you started on an average weight you would have gained about 5.5 – 6 Kgs by now.
- Eat regularly – small amounts every 2 hours. Eat slowly – starting meals with water.
- Have fresh food – they provide more vitamins and minerals.
- Stay cool – wear loose clothes
Ask your doctor
- How safe is it to take medication? Can I take pain relievers?
- I have a sick mother-in-law at home. What precautions do I need to take when caring for her?
- I feel very fatigued. Is that common in the second trimester?
- I have noticed light spotting. Is that natural?
- Do I need to take special pregnancy vitamins?
Questions you may have
“It is totally upto you. I told my very close friend who I can trust and feel comfortable with. She is experienced and I value her advice.”
“I made sure that I took some time out every day to relax. I spent it listening to the radio or music. I would read magazines.
If you are concerned about lockdown and how how to cope during pregnancy there are some useful resources you can take a look at.